UK Software Charts: The Zombies assault the Space Marines again during the week of September 17thWritten by: / / No Comments
Dead Island has once again topped Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing, remaining at No. 1 for the second week in a row ahead of Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, which is similarly unmovable at No. 2.
Dead Island has so far sold best on Xbox 360, with a 51/47 split between Microsoft’s console and the PlayStation 3 (with the PC version taking the remaining 2%, although these numbers don’t take digital sales into consideration).
Resistance 3 (sales down 44%), however, makes moves up to No. 3 by swapping places with Driver: San Francisco (sales down 53%), which finds itself down to No. 4 this week ‒ another impressive showing for Insomniac’s single platform first-person shooter!
More non-movers appear at No. 5 and No. 6 with Deus Ex: Human Revolution (sales down 31%) and Zumba Fitness (sales down 10%) respectively, while LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (sales up 12%) moves up one place to No. 7, swapping positions with Rugby World Cup 2011 (sales down 15%) which slides to No. 8.
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 ‒ 4 (sales up 12%) jumps to No. 9 from No. 15 last week and Cars 2 (sales down 14%) steps up by one to No. 10, to round out the Top Ten list.
Interestingly, price promotions for Red Faction: Armageddon resulted in a sales increase of 246%, allowing it to re-enter the chart at No. 11, while SEGA’s Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect shifted to No. 18 from No. 37 last week on the back of a sales increase of 50%.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Dead Island (Koch Media)
- 2.) Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (THQ)
- 3.) Resistance 3 (SCE)
- 4.) Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft)
- 5.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
- 6.) Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
- 7.) LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive Studios)
- 8.) Rugby World Cup 2011 (505 Games)
- 9.) LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 ‒ 4 (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 10.) Cars 2 (Disney Interactive Studios)
- 11.) Red Faction: Armageddon (THQ)
- 12.) Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
- 13.) Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo)
- 14.) EA Sports Active 2 (EA)
- 15.) The Sims 3 (EA)
- 16.) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
- 17.) Gran Turismo 5 (SCE)
- 18.) Rise of Nightmares (SEGA)
- 19.) FIFA 11 (EA)
- 20.) Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
Source: Chart Track
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.