UK Software Charts: Zombies defeat Space Marines during the week of September 10thWritten by: / / No Comments
The newly released Dead Island from Techland and Koch Media has claimed the No. 1 spot on Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing this past week ahead of another new release, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine from Relic and THQ.
Chart Track points out that PC sales for Space Marine are higher than those of Dead Island, most probably as a result of THQ’s title not appearing on the UK version of digital download service Steam at launch.
These two new titles force Driver: San Francisco (sales down 6%) down one place to No. 3, while Insomniac’s latest title, Resistance 3, appears at No. 4 on the chart during its first week on sale ‒ notable as it’s a PlayStation 3-exclusive with one platform to draw sales from, while the top three are all available on three platforms apiece.
(PS. Do yourself a favour and read Lisa’s excellent review of Resistance 3 over here.)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (sales down 60%) slips to No. 5 following its debut chart showing at No. 1, while Zumba Fitness continues to slide, this time by three places to No. 6. Rugby World Cup 2011 makes a similar move, down from No. 4 to No. 7 and LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean is also shoved down by three spots to No. 8.
Another new release in the Top Ten, Star Fox 64 3D for 3DS, appears at No. 9 while Gran Turismo 5 re-emerges on the chart at No. 10.
Other new releases this week include NHL 12 at No. 12 on the sales listing, and Rise of Nightmares for Kinect, which debuts at No. 37.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Dead Island (Koch Media)
- 2.) Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (THQ)
- 3.) Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft)
- 4.) Resistance 3 (SCE)
- 5.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
- 6.) Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
- 7.) Rugby World Cup 2011 (505 Games)
- 8.) LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive Studios)
- 9.) Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo)
- 10.) Gran Turismo 5 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
- 11.) Cars 2 (Disney Interactive Studios)
- 12.) NHL 12 (EA)
- 13.) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
- 14.) FIFA 11 (EA)
- 15.) LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 ‒ 4 (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 16.) The Sims 3 (EA)
- 17.) Madden NFL 12 (EA)
- 18.) Red Dead Redemption (Take 2)
- 19.) LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
- 20.) Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track