Following an announcement of the free games and services members of the PlayStation Network in Europe will have access to as part of Sony Computer Entertainment’s ‘Welcome Back’ programme to thank you for your patience during the three week service outage, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has detailed its version of the programme for North American PSN users.
The North American plan is very comparable to the European programme, save for a ‘Video Service’ offering and a confirmation of free PlayStation Home items:
“All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.”
- Dead Nation
- Super Stardust HD
- Wipeout HD + Fury
“For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.”
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
In addition, the following services will be available as part of the Welcome Back programme:
- A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
- Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
- To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.
(Note: You’ll only be able to take advantage of this ‘Welcome Back’ programme once the PlayStation Store has resumed service.)
Source: US PlayStation Blog