The release of the next Wii-exclusive first-person shooter from SEGA and High Voltage, Conduit 2, is still a little ways off (April 19th in North America and April 22nd in Europe and the UK), but while we wait for the game’s eventual release (after many delays:), we can have a quick look at some multiplayer action.
While Conduit 2 includes an entire singleplayer campaign imbued with a mysterious sci-fi plot, you can see what the multiplayer portion of the game can offer in the video below, and find out a few of the special features of this mode, too:
Conduit 2 – Multiplayer Trailer
“Conduit 2 features three main gameplay modes – Free-For-All, Team Deathmatch, and Team Objective – that cover not only the classic game types but also special variants with a uniquely Conduit-themed style.”
There are also 14 multiplayer modes in Conduit 2:
- Deathmatch: First player to the kill limit in the time allowed wins!
- ASE Ball: Longest time holding the ASE wins!
- Bounty Hunter: Kill your assigned target for points or kill those hunting you for fun. But beware; killing someone who doesn’t fill those roles will cost you points!
- Free for All CTF: Get to the flag and then carry it back to a random goal location. First to the scoring limit wins!
- Team Deathmatch: First team to the kill limit in the time allowed wins!
- Shared Stock: Teammates share a pool of lives while trying to get the highest kill count possible.
- Capture the Flag: Each team tries to capture the ASE (flag) of the other. First team to the capture limit in the time allowed wins!
- Killing Override: First team to the kill or capture limit wins!
- Single Flag CTF: Teams fight over a single centrally-located ASE (flag). First team to the capture limit wins!
- VIP: Fight to kill the randomly selected VIP on the opposing team. First team to the point limit wins!
- ASE Basketball: Each team tries to capture a centrally-located ASE and then carry it into the enemy base. Toss or carry the ASE through the goal to score. First team to the point limit wins!
- Balloon Battle: Lose balloons with every death. Gain balloons with kills. With no balloon, become a mini bomb! Last player alive wins!
- Annexation: Teams fight for control over capture points. These totems award points over time. First team to the point limit wins!
- Power Surge: Teams must defend their own generator while destroying the enemy’s when its shield is down. First team to destroy the generator or the team with the more intact generator wins!
”Conduit 2 also allows total customization for players. Up to four different loadouts can be created per profile, each with a choice of Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Grenade Type and up to four Suit Upgrades.
“Players can also customize up to four different avatars, one for each profile, with 7 character models, over 20 modular parts and 16 primary and secondary color choices per character section.”