Test Drive Unlimited 2 team apologises for issues, first PDLC releasing for freeWritten by: / / No Comments
In an open letter released today on behalf of publisher Atari and developer Eden Games, the Test Drive Unlimited 2 development team has sincerely apologised for the raft of issues that gamers have been experiencing with the open-world racing title, and have assured us that “significant progress” has been made to address these issues with upcoming patches.
Well, the word ‘apologise’ doesn’t feature in the letter, but you get the drift:
“Thank you for your continued support and feedback,” the letter reads. “Our community has been amazing and helped us quickly identify a number of issues, which we have made significant progress in addressing in the upcoming patches.”
“We now have fixes for all of the following issues that have already gone live on PC and will follow shortly once patches are approved by Microsoft and Sony, respectively.”
Here’s a list of issues fixed with the upcoming console patch (and already fixed in the PC version):
- Logging into the game has been improved
- Once into the game the online network experience is now much more stable in all areas
- Save games no longer corrupt
- Existing corrupted save games will be repaired in many cases
- Friends lists are now populated
- Invites now work correctly
- Clubs have been brought back online
- Exploits to gain money have been fixed
- Casino access has been improved
- Players will no longer lose money because of the Casino bug
In addition, and in an effort to make amends for these issues and reward gamers for their patience with Test Drive Unlimited 2, the team will release the first planned set of premium downloadable content (PDLC) for the game for free.
Called ‘The Exploration Pack,’ this PDLC contains “new wrecks to be discovered that unlock the Lancia Stratos version Rallye and 1969 Dodge Charger.”
“The team spends a great deal of time looking at community feedback,” the letter says in closing, “so please keep posting your comments to the official TDU2 forums and we look forward to seeing you in Ibiza.
- The TDU2 Development Team