UK Software Charts: Dead Space 2 shreds its way to No. 1 for week of January 29thWritten by: / / No Comments
Unfortunately for the single-platform LittleBigPlanet 2, its stay at the top of Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing was short-lived, lasting only a single week before having to make way for the multiplatform blockbuster game release of January, Dead Space 2.
Going on sale this past week, Dead Space 2 recorded 56 percent of its sales on the Xbox 360, 40 percent on PlayStation 3, and four percent on PC. In addition, Dead Space 2’s launch week sales outpaced the original entry to the series by 70 percent.
Dead Space 2 was able to shoot straight to No. 1 on the UK sales chart, forcing LittleBigPlanet 2 (sales down 48%) down to No. 2 in the process. FIFA 11 (sales up 21%) meanwhile was able to step up one place to No. 3, as was Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (sales up 18%, stealing its way up to No. 4.
This heated competition forced Call of Duty: Black Ops (sales up 11%) down to No. 5 from No. 2 last week, as Just Dance 2 (sales down 14%) made similar moves down to No. 6. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (sales up 19%) climbed three places to No. 7 this week, but Wii Fit Plus (sales down 25% dropped two places to No. 8.
Art Academy (sales up 38%) jumped up six places to claim No. 9 (and to enter the coveted Top Ten), while the original Just Dance (sales up 1%) takes a single step up towards No. 10 this week.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Dead Space 2
- 2.) LittleBigPlanet 2 (SCE)
- 3.) FIFA 11 (EA)
- 4.) Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
- 5.) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
- 6.) Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
- 7.) Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (EA)
- 8.) Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
- 9.) Art Academy (Nintendo)
- 10.) Just Dance (Ubisoft)
- 11.) Mass Effect 2 (EA)
- 12.) Kinect Sports (Microsoft)
- 13.) The Sims 3 (EA)
- 14.) Gran Turismo 5 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
- 15.) Wii Party (Nintendo)
- 16.) Dance Central (Microsoft)
- 17.) WWE Smackdown VS RAW 2011 (THQ)
- 18.) Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (Take 2)
- 19.) EA Sports Active 2 (EA)
- 20.) Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
You can see last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track