Now that Lionhead and Microsoft’s Fable III has been available in the wild for a suitable amount of time, it’s been announced that downloadable content (DLC) will soon become available for the epic action RPG.
Releasing next week, an add-on called the ‘Understone Quest Pack’ will hit Xbox LIVE Marketplace in an effort to provide players with even more adventures to overcome, while continuing to expand the sprawling land and lore of Albion.
On November 23rd, this DLC will be available for 400 MS Points to take your hero on a journey of discovery, as you unearth a mysterious town built beneath the very streets of Bowerstone!
This town (said to be “full scale”) was created by an inventor by the name of Montague Hummes, and is apparently “bustling with new houses and stalls to own, novel creatures to battle and a major mystery to solve.”
Here’s what else the Understone Quest Pack will add next week:
- In the main quest, explore the mysterious underground land built by Montague Hummes in fear of the Spire in “Fable II”
- Discover the origin of the voice that controls the people of Understone
- Features a moral decision that will lead to two drastically different outcomes in Understone
- After defeating Saker during your quest to become King or Queen, the remaining Mercenaries have turned their camp into a tourist attraction. The main attraction being the replayable shooting range mode
- Beat the high scores to win three prizes that can be used while playing the minigame: the Marksman 500 (gifted to players for downloading the the pack), Money Shot (prize) and Black Dragon (prize)
“The Wheel of Misfortune”:
- After Reaver vacated his home, he set up a venture for budding heroes to replay the thrilling arena-based challenges within his new dwellings
- Beat the high scores to win three new weapons that can be used while playing in the minigame: The Full Monty (gifted to player upon downloading pack), Dirty Harriet (prize) and Dead Ned’s Revolver (prize)
In addition, an Exclusive Hair Pack (for 160 MS Points) will also be offered up on November 23rd, while the 5 Star Dog Potion (for 80 MS Points) will be available to “[give] your canine companion the full 5-star ability for digging, diving and tracking down hidden chests right from the start.”
If you’re not yet convinced about whether or not to jump into the mystical, magical world of Albion in Lionhead’s Fable III, perhaps an accolades trailer will help you decide, as various publications tell you why the game is something special:
Fable III – Accolades Trailer