CoD: Black Ops patch is in the works, PS3 issues addressedWritten by: / / No Comments
As is becoming normal for massive videogame releases, the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops from Activision and Treyarch isn’t going too smoothly. The game itself may have flown from retail shelves, but PC and PS3 gamers have been having extraordinary troubles with the title.
PC players have been reporting serious ‘lag’ issues while playing both singleplayer and multiplayer portions of Black Ops, while PS3 gamers needed to compile a list of complaints to fully demonstrate their experience with the title.
Luckily, and as expected, developer Treyarch is currently hard at work on patches for all platforms, while community manager Josh Olin has directly addressed the PS3 problems people have been subjected to.
From a Twitter tweet, Olin posted:
“Hello World. We’re here, working. We will patch all platforms, as always. I’ll have info of substance once we catch our breath.”
Olin also reminds players that it’s ‘only been one day,’ since the game was released, and calls for the sympathetic patience of gamers worldwide as Treyarch works on any issues that have cropped up
Additionally, in a forum post on the official Call of Duty boards, Olin piped up for PS3 gamers, writing:
“Hey PS3 gamers,
”We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest and greatest.”
- Multiplayer: Villa – User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side (addressed on 9/5)
- Multiplayer: User can get an infinite number of ‘Sam Turret’, ‘Care Package’ and ‘Sentry Gun’ killstreaks (referred to as the “care package glitch”) (addressed on 9/5)
- Multiplayer: Radar sweep when there are only 2 Players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 Players have multiple lives when the sweep starts (addressed on 9/9)
- Multiplayer: Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu (addressed on 9/9)
- Multiplayer: Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions (addressed on 9/10)
Obviously there are a few other problems to iron out, but rest easy knowing that Treyarch is on the case.