Naughty Dog has taken the wraps off the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition. Just in time to commemorate that the popular title has sold over 3.8 million copies worldwide since the game was released just under a year ago, hosted over 125 million online multiplayer matches and won over 50 Game of the Year Awards.
The Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition will be available across North America on the 12th of October. The price tag will be $49.99 and for this you’ll get the game as well as a “super voucher” to download lots of excellent DLC worth over $35 from the PlayStation Network Store, including:
- PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
- UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
- UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack
- Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
- Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
- Early access to “Revenge” Booster – you still have to purchase it with in-game cash!
- UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
- UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
- UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 1
- UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 2
- UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
- UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
- Pinball Heroes – UNCHARTED for the PSP
The Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition will be released in the same week as the game’s one-year anniversary. To celebrate Naughty Dog will be hosting some “awesome anniversary festivities” online on the 16th of October. This will include a special one-day playlist which compiles a ‘Best of…’ selection of gametypes chosen from previous episodes of ‘The Lab’ as well as other events which the developer has not yet revealed.
In case you still haven’t played Uncharted 2, you can enjoy the new trailer for the GOTY edition below or read our review of the game to find out what you’ve been missing out on.
Source: SCEA’s PlayStation Blog