Last week’s chart dominator, StarCraft II (sales down 72%), is this week relegated to No. 4 on Chart Track’s UK Software Sales chart, as Toy Story 3 reclaims the No. 1 position after a single week of absence, despite a 25% drop in sales.
This is expected, though. Toy Story 3 is available on multiple platforms and is riding the wave of the movie’s popularity, while StarCraft II is only available on a single platform. The real news this week on the ‘ole UK sales chart is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Modern Warfare 2, in large part thanks to a surge in sales of the PS3 version of the game, has managed to claim No. 2 on the chart this week with a 21% increase in overall sales ‒ a position the title hasn’t occupied since January this year.
Chart Track also notes that Modern Warfare 2 may overtake Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training on the DS as the UK’s biggest unit seller of all time very soon ‒ even as soon as next week, perhaps.
Meanwhile, Dance on Broadway (sales down 4%) moves up to No. 3 from No. 4, Red Dead Redemption (sales down 19%) charts at its lowest ever position in the UK at No. 5 (down from No. 3) and Just Dance is a non-mover at No. 6.
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies is another stubborn title and doesn’t budge from No. 7, LEGO Harry Potter shifts down to No. 8 from No. 5, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is another non-mover at No. 9, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is: yet another non-mover at No. 10.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive Studios)
- 2.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
- 3.) Dance on Broadway (Ubisoft)
- 4.) StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Blizzard)
- 5.) Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
- 6.) Just Dance (Ubisoft)
- 7.) Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Nintendo)
- 8.) LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 ‒ 4 (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 9.) Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
- 10.) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)
- 11.) Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
- 12.) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (EA)
- 13.) Fifa 10 (EA)
- 14.) Sniper: Ghost Warrior (City Interactive)
- 15.) Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
- 16.) Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
- 17.) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
- 18.) 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa (EA)
- 19.) Just Cause 2 (Eidos)
- 20.) Splinter Cell: Conviction (Ubisoft)
You can see last week’s chart over here.
Source: Chart Track