The excellent console game Darksiders was all set to become an excellent PC game in June, too, but official word from THQ today has revealed that the beige-box version of this action adventure title will only become available near the end of September this year, with a special ‘Hell Book edition’ included.
Now expected to launch on September 16th in the US, and September 24th in the UK and Europe, Darksiders on the PC will be available in a Hell Book edition, which comes complete with “many items to excite both fans of Darksiders and PC gamers alike,” including a comic book, art cards created by Joe Madueira, and a soundtrack CD.
It wasn’t mentioned whether or not this would be the only version of Darksiders on the PC, or an additional ‘special’ edition.
If you’re interested in such things, you can have a look through Darksiders’ PC specifications (which seem to be minimum to recommended specs):
- OS: Windows XP (SP3)/Vista (SP1)/Windows 7
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4Ghz or better, Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0 Ghz Processor or better, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13 Ghz
- RAM: 1 GB XP, 2 GB Vista/Windows 7, 2 GB XP, 3 GB Vista/Windows 7
- Disc Drive: DVD-ROM drive
- Hard Drive: 12 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA (GeForce 8800/GeForce GT220) 256 MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon X1900 256 MB graphics card or better (must support pixel shader 3), NVIDIA (GeForce GTS 240) 256 MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon HD3870 256 MB graphics card or better (must support pixel shader 3)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Be sure to browse through El33tonline’s previous coverage of Darksiders for more information, check out PC-specific screenshots and read through our review of the console version ‒ we thought it was extra delicious!