UK Software Charts: God of War III crushes the competition for the week of 03/20Written by: / / No Comments
God of War III has released in the UK this past week to claim the top spot on Chart Track’s Software Sales chart for the region, crushing the likes of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Final Fantasy XIII ‘neath its boot.
Chart Track reminds us that this is the second time Sony Computer Entertainment has enjoyed some time at the top of the UK sales chart this year, as Heavy Rain attained the same position some three weeks ago, after Killzone 2 also managed to reach No. 1 in 2009.
In a bit of extra trivia, God of War III managed to outsell the launch of its PlayStation 2 predecessor, God of War II, by 2.65 to 1, which is kind of astounding.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 continues to sell incredibly well, charting at No. 2 for the week, as Chart Tracks says that the title was only 2000 units away from God of War III’s No. 1 position this week (keeping in mind that Bad Company 2 is available on three platforms, as opposed to God of War III’s single exclusive platform).
Final Fantasy XIII (sales down 80%) slips from No. 1 to No. 3 this week, as Just Dance moves to No. 4 from No. 3. Debutant title Metro 2033 shows up at No. 5, Wii Fit Plus steps down to No. 6 from No. 5, and Heavy Rain slides from No. 4 to No. 7.
Wii Sports Resort clings to No. 8, back up from No. 9 last week, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing drops to No. 9 from No. 7, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 almost falls out of the coveted Top Ten altogether, but hangs tough at No. 10, down from No. 6 last week.
Other titles new to the UK Software Sales Chart this week include Dragon Age: Origins ‒ Awaking at No. 11, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight at No. 12, and MotoGP 09/10 at No. 21.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) God of War III (SCE)
- 2.) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)
- 3.) Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
- 4.) Just Dance (Ubisoft)
- 5.) Metro 2033 (THQ)
- 6.) Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
- 7.) Heavy Rain (SCE)
- 8.) Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
- 9.) Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (SEGA)
- 10.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
- 11.) Dragon Age: Origins ‒ Awaking (EA)
- 12.) Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (EA)
- 13.) Fifa 10 (EA)
- 14.) Ben 10: Alien Force ‒ Vilgax Attacks (D3P)
- 15.) New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
- 16.) Aliens VS Predator (SEGA)
- 17.) Bioshock2 (2K Games)
- 18.) Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft)
- 19.) James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game (Ubisoft)
- 20.) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
Source: Chart Track